Business as usual in cdo amidst of 5 confirmed COVID-19 patients at NMMC,City Dad says

FRONT PAGE
By ERCEL MAANDIG
March 30, 2020

SHARE

Cagayan de Oro-Despite of Department of Health(DoH) Region 10’s pronouncement that the city is in Red Alert level 1 Status because of a certain 54 years old man from Iligan City admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center(NMMC) here,Mayor Oscar S.Moreno is asking local businessmen not to panic and still show it to the people that business as usual in the city despite of the confirmed 5 already that is admitted at NMMC as of Thursday.

.    Mayor Moreno is tempted to cancel graduation rites in the city but he cannot afford to do it since graduation is a once in a lifetime memorable event for both students and parents.”I am waiting for the declaration of both the health and education department to cancel such event and if that will be happen,i dont have any choice but to obey the order” Moreno said.
    The City Government and DoH 10 is initiating for a joint press conference in a hotel here Thursday to address real message and that is to inform the public that in case that the said 54 years old patient from Iligan and 4 other new patients proven to be a local transmitted Corona Virus desease; then,it will turnout desperately into Red Alert Level 2,said DoH 10 Regional Director P. Suba-an.” We are preparing but hoping that it will not be happen but the implication is that we are also not to discount that our region is also vulberable of such desease” Suba-an explained when asked by local Media.
He reiterated another implication that theres no place in the country like in this city that is safe for COVID-19,it could happen anywhere and its happening now with a total of 22 Persons Under Investigation(PUI) in this region and 5 of them is now confined in an isolation room at NMMC.”What we are doing right now is to contain and prevent the disease not to enter in the region by doing our mandate to respond such as the Contact tracing,expansion of surveillance,testing,and Strict enforcement of home quarantine”Suba-an added.
He also explained that the said 54 years old patient at NMMC was admitted in Adventist Medical Center in Iligan City last March 3 for Pneumonia,and subsequently referred to NMMC on March 8.Specimens  were taken and sent to the Research Institute of Tropical Medicine(RITM).On March 11,the result was confirmed to be positive for SARs-CoV-2,the causative agent of COVID-19.The patient is being managed by DoH Infectious Deseases Specialists in accordance with the latest World Health Organization(WHO)guidelines.
According to Suba-an that the said patient has No Travel history abroad and work in a company in 2017 at Pasig City in National Capital Region(NCR) and going back home timely during Marawi Siege but the Task Force on COVID-19 in Iligan City is having difficulty in tracing several people and family members that the patient, referred to by the Department of Health (DOH) as PH40, have been in close contact before he was quarantined to the NMMC.

Dr. Leonel Quitos, Infectious Specialist of Adventist Medical Center (AMC), said PH40 is uncooperative and not disclosing his travel history and the places he went to and why he was in Iligan City.

This is also the reason why the Iligan Medical Society (IMS) cannot confirm the information that PH40 is a resident of Ganassi town, in Lanao del Sur or a resident of Marawi.

PH40, who was evacuated to NMMC on March 8, has fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, two weeks before he was admitted at the NMMC.

Quitos said PH40 had only gave him few details when he was forced to do it.

He said despite the limited information given by the patient, the Task Force on COVID-19 had able to trace the immediate family members of PH40 and they are now put in a home quarantine.

“His immediate family members, so far, are asymptomatic. I have contact several doctors in NMMC and they have said the patient is improving, that’s good news,” Quitos said.DoH 10 is waiting for the result to be furnished on Thurday afternoon or on Friday to really know that its positive of Corona Virus Desease 2019.
The Health Department of the country released an advisory for the Cancellation of crowded land events such as concerts,festivals,general assembly and even cockfighting and not to mention graduation rites.DoH also ask all Local Government Units to implement their own safety measures and facilitate health cares.
Due to the enermous threat of COVID-19,the Cagayan de Oro Chamber of Commerce(ORO CHAMBER) will conduct briefing for business sectors on Friday.

The Department of Trade and Industry in Northern Mindanao has already started to implement its coordination with grocery,supermarket and pharmacy owners to limit the quantity of items they are selling specially alcohol,hand sanitiser and face mask in light of the panic buying caused by COVID-19 scare

Cagayan de Oro-Despite of Department of Health(DoH) Region 10’s pronouncement that the city is in Red Alert level 1 Status because of a certain 54 years old man from Iligan City admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center(NMMC) here,Mayor Oscar S.Moreno is asking local businessmen not to panic and still show it to the people that business as usual in the city despite of the confirmed 5 already that is admitted at NMMC as of Thursday.
Mayor Moreno is tempted to cancel graduation rites in the city but he cannot afford to do it since graduation is a once in a lifetime memorable event for both students and parents.”I am waiting for the declaration of both the health and education department to cancel such event and if that will be happen,i dont have any choice but to obey the order” Moreno said.
The City Government and DoH 10 is initiating for a joint press conference in a hotel here Thursday to address real message and that is to inform the public that in case that the said 54 years old patient from Iligan and 4 other new patients proven to be a local transmitted Corona Virus desease; then,it will turnout desperately into Red Alert Level 2,said DoH 10 Regional Director P. Suba-an.” We are preparing but hoping that it will not be happen but the implication is that we are also not to discount that our region is also vulberable of such desease” Suba-an explained when asked by local Media.
He reiterated another implication that theres no place in the country like in this city that is safe for COVID-19,it could happen anywhere and its happening now with a total of 22 Persons Under Investigation(PUI) in this region and 5 of them is now confined in an isolation room at NMMC.”What we are doing right now is to contain and prevent the disease not to enter in the region by doing our mandate to respond such as the Contact tracing,expansion of surveillance,testing,and Strict enforcement of home quarantine”Suba-an added.
He also explained that the said 54 years old patient at NMMC was admitted in Adventist Medical Center in Iligan City last March 3 for Pneumonia,and subsequently referred to NMMC on March 8.Specimens  were taken and sent to the Research Institute of Tropical Medicine(RITM).On March 11,the result was confirmed to be positive for SARs-CoV-2,the causative agent of COVID-19.The patient is being managed by DoH Infectious Deseases Specialists in accordance with the latest World Health Organization(WHO)guidelines.
According to Suba-an that the said patient has No Travel history abroad and work in a company in 2017 at Pasig City in National Capital Region(NCR) and going back home timely during Marawi Siege but the Task Force on COVID-19 in Iligan City is having difficulty in tracing several people and family members that the patient, referred to by the Department of Health (DOH) as PH40, have been in close contact before he was quarantined to the NMMC.

Dr. Leonel Quitos, Infectious Specialist of Adventist Medical Center (AMC), said PH40 is uncooperative and not disclosing his travel history and the places he went to and why he was in Iligan City.

This is also the reason why the Iligan Medical Society (IMS) cannot confirm the information that PH40 is a resident of Ganassi town, in Lanao del Sur or a resident of Marawi.

PH40, who was evacuated to NMMC on March 8, has fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, two weeks before he was admitted at the NMMC.

Quitos said PH40 had only gave him few details when he was forced to do it.

He said despite the limited information given by the patient, the Task Force on COVID-19 had able to trace the immediate family members of PH40 and they are now put in a home quarantine.

“His immediate family members, so far, are asymptomatic. I have contact several doctors in NMMC and they have said the patient is improving, that’s good news,” Quitos said.DoH 10 is waiting for the result to be furnished on Thurday afternoon or on Friday to really know that its positive of Corona Virus Desease 2019.
The Health Department of the country released an advisory for the Cancellation of crowded land events such as concerts,festivals,general assembly and even cockfighting and not to mention graduation rites.DoH also ask all Local Government Units to implement their own safety measures and facilitate health cares.
Due to the enermous threat of COVID-19,the Cagayan de Oro Chamber of Commerce(ORO CHAMBER) will conduct briefing for business sectors on Friday.

The Department of Trade and Industry in Northern Mindanao has already started to implement its coordination with grocery,supermarket and pharmacy owners to limit the quantity of items they are selling specially alcohol,hand sanitiser and face mask in light of the panic buying caused by COVID-19 scare

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY



Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Cagayan Times.