28.8 C
Cagayan de Oro
Saturday, June 25, 2022
spot_img
More
    spot_imgspot_img

    Latest Posts

    Lacson’s ‘Edukasyon Plus’ to Break Cycle of Poverty

    To break the cycle of poverty that has hounded many Filipino families, Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson has drawn up an education program that would keep youths in school – and give them a better chance at improving their lot.

    Lacson’s “Edukasyong Plus” program provides free tuition and a monthly allowance of P5,000 for qualified senior high school students (Grades 11 and 12) who enter a government internship program.

    “A recent international study shows only 31 percent of Filipino youths aged 15 have a growth mindset, or want to improve their lot in life. The other 69 percent no longer think of such,” said Lacson, the standard bearer of Partido Reporma.

    “It is this mindset that traps so many Filipino families in a vicious cycle – they remain poor because they do not want to study to gain more opportunities for a better life,” he added.

    Earlier, Lacson pushed for an emergency employment program that includes paid internships for youths in the government and private sector.

    This aims to harness the skills of young Filipinos while giving them a chance to improve their skills.

    spot_img

    Latest Posts

    spot_imgspot_img

    Don't Miss

    spot_imgspot_img

    Stay In Touch

    Get updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.